Personal Injury Attorney
When you or a loved one is injured while on a cruise, it is advisable to speak with a cruise accident lawyer for further advice. These cases can be complex and time consuming which is why it is important to retain a lawyer who has years of experience in handling them. A jack of all trades lawyer is simply not enough. A personal injury attorney understands how intricate cruise accident claims can be. Guided by a skillful mindset and extensive understanding of maritime law and other important legal considerations, we have successfully won millions of dollars for cruise accident victims.
When a Cruise Ship Vacation Goes Wrong
Every year millions of people go on a cruise. Most have a fun time and encounter no unfortunate issues. Like any business who caters to thousands of people every day, accidents, errors, and mistakes will occur. Sometimes there is no fault involved, but other incidents are the result of carelessness, wrongdoing, or negligence. When this is a factor, it’s important to find out what a cruise accident lawyer has to say.
The Most Common Cruise Ship Accidents
There are a number of injuries and accidents that could happen while on a cruise ship. The following are some common examples that a cruise ship lawyer from has seen in a claim:
- Tender boat accident;
- Gangway accident;
- Trip/slip and fall accident;
- Sexual assault or battery;
- Automatic door accident;
- Injury from an unbolted object;
- Medical malpractice;
- Food poisoning;
- Excursion accidents;
- Drowning or near drowning;
- Overboard accidents;
- Contractual breaches; and
Regardless of what happened or how severe your injury was, it is possible that you may be eligible for compensation that covers lost wages, medical expenses, pain, suffering, and more.
Steps to Take After Being in A Cruise Ship Accident
Following your accident, there are a few steps that you may want to take to ensure your claim is fully documented.
- Report the incident to ship personnel as soon as it happens.
- Seek medical attention at the ship’s infirmary (you may have taken this step first)
- Request the ship personnel to file an incident report. Try obtaining a copy of this before you leave the cruise ship.
- Record the date, location, time, and any facts surrounding the accident.
- Take photographic evidence of the scene, the surrounding, and your injuries
- Get the contact details from any witnesses
Understanding the Laws that Apply to Your Claim
Cruise ship accidents can happen while boarding, unboarding, walking around the shipping, or during an excursion to a land based city. Depending on where and when the accident occurs you claim may fall under a state law, Federal Maritime law, or a foreign port’s laws. A cruise ship lawyer will know what laws apply and how to recover maximum compensation.
Schedule a Consultation with a Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer
If you are ready to speak with a cruise accident lawyer like a personal injury lawyer, today.