After being involved in an auto accident, your car may have seen better days which is why you will need a car accident lawyer Orlando, FL residents trust to help you get compensation to repair your vehicle. Even if the damage doesn’t appear severe at first glance, you might still be surprised at how expensive it can be to repair or how long it will take to get your vehicle back on the road. To avoid these and other problems, protect your vehicle from accidents by following these five tips from our friends at David & Philpot, P.L. who are experts in car accidents.
1) Get Full Coverage Insurance
The best way to prepare for a car accident is by getting full coverage insurance. This type of policy includes collision, comprehensive and personal injury protection coverage. These are the three types of coverage that you should have in order to protect your vehicle, yourself and your passengers if an accident occurs. Not only does this cover damage to your car but also gives compensation for any injuries incurred during the accident. Having enough insurance is important when it comes to protecting your vehicle from accidents. If you do not have enough coverage on your policy, then you may be personally liable for any damages done to other vehicles or property as well as being liable for all medical bills following an accident.
2) Keep Up with Maintenance
Keeping up with routine maintenance can help you avoid a car accident altogether.
- Check your tire pressure regularly and keep tires properly inflated to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Check engine oil levels and replace as needed.
- Regularly check fluid levels in your car such as brake fluid, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, windshield wiper fluid and washer fluid.
- Get an annual vehicle inspection by a certified mechanic who will identify any issues that need to be addressed promptly before they become bigger problems that cost more money and time to fix later on.
- Maintain proper vehicle speed so that you don’t needlessly wear down your brakes or risk running out of gas because of excessive idling.
3) Read the Manual
It is important to take the time to read your manual and ensure that your car is functioning properly. If it is not, make sure you have a good mechanic that can help you fix the problem. It is also important to keep up with oil changes, tire rotations and other car maintenance in order to ensure your car will last as long as possible.
4) Buy a Device to Prevent Theft
A device that prevents theft is a good idea. The device will attach to your car’s steering wheel and if someone tries to steal your car, they won’t be able to start it. You can also wrap your windshield with anti-theft film. This film can be placed on the windshield of your vehicle which makes it difficult for someone to shatter the glass in order to break in. If you live in a high crime area, these tools can help protect your car.
5) Keep an Eye on Your Surroundings
Keeping an eye on your surroundings will help you avoid accidents. Know what’s in front of you, behind you, and to the side of you at all times. Be sure to pay attention to your blind spots as well. If another driver is approaching from behind or coming up quickly next to you, be prepared to take evasive maneuvers. Inattention causes a huge number of car accidents every year so don’t let it happen to you!
If you do happen to get into an accident, contact a car accident lawyer immediately for help.